Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pork Chops and Hospital Delivery Bags


"Oh Glory" Pork Chops
I call these pork chops, "Oh Glory" pork chops, because that's what I shouted when I put that first bite in my mouth. Now, I didn't cook these, my precious hubby did and I couldn't have done it better myself.

Of course we NEVER measure anything out in our house when trying new things, so all I have are the ingredients he used. TJ rubbed the chop with season salt before dipping them in canned milk and beaten egg mixture. He then tossed it in the dry mixture consisting of flour, season salt, garlic powder, chili powder and black pepper. He fried the pork chops in a cast iron skillet in oil on medium heat, 3-4 minutes each side. I promise, you will not be disappointed!!! Let me know how they turn out if you try them!


The Delivery Bag 

So, I've had the hospital delivery bag packed for quite a while, actually since week 33. I keep adding items to it that I just know I'll need in case I'm there umpteen days.

I used small, clear bags with zippers to store a lot of our things, as well as Hayden's. It was great for organizing everything and will be easy for me to find when the time comes. The bags are what actually held our curtains when we bought them from Lowe's. They're great and I will be able to reuse them in different ways.

 I started off with a list of everyday items that TJ and I use and would need (toiletries, clothes, undies, swimming trunks for TJ, etc.) They say that it could be beneficial when in labor to take a warm bath, and for your spouse to get in with you to rub your back, so that is why I packed the swimming trunks. And yes, I packed my own shampoo and conditioner, so they won't charge me $15 for using the travel size they provide. I am bound and determined not to let that hospital to charge me for anything, but the necessities.

I packed the Word so I can remind myself not to use any other words that might not honor God when I deliver.
Then I started adding our electronics bag, filled with cords, chargers, iPod, Kindle, camera, video camera, three sets of tapes for recording, and our iPod speaker for blaring the worship jams!


Then came Hayden's things. We have his burp cloths, bibs, pacifiers, mittens (so they don't scratch themselves), pajamas (sleep sack and pants and onesie, depending on how his personality is), socks, toboggans, "coming home" outfit, and diaper bag packed to the max.

This is his "My First Prints" frame. If you tell the nursing staff when you get there that you have one these, they will gladly do the prints however you want, which I thought was totally awesome!
Then it's back in the bag it all goes! Sidenote: We also packed our own pillows and we put on "wilder" or "unique" pillow cases, so the hospital didn't mix up our pillows with theirs, because we had off-white pillow cases. I also packed his car seat and a boppy pillow and "udder cover" for breast feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment